JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP RECREATION DEPARTMENT
JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT CAMP JEFFERSON SUMMER DAY CAMP SUMMER 2014
January 23, 2014:
Employment applications are now being accepted for
- Head Counselors (must be18+)
- Before Care Attendants - 7 to 9 am shifts (must be 18+)
- After Care/Clean Up Attendants - 2 to 6 pm shifts (must be 18+)
- Senior Counselors (must be 17+)
- Junior Counselors (must be entering 11th grade)
For applications contact the Jefferson Township Recreation Office at 973-663-8404 or email CPUNTURIERI@jeffersontownship.net
- Jefferson Twsp. Recreation seeking Ropes Course Specialist for summer day camp. Preferably w/ certification or will send for training. Usually M-W-Th-F 8:30-3:30, June 23 to Aug 22 w/ 7 unpaid vacation days allowed. Fingerprinting/background check req’d. Resume to Camp Jefferson, Attn: Terri, 81 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
- Jefferson Twsp Recreation seeking P/T Before and After Care/Cleanup Individuals (21+) for 7-9 am and 2-6 pm Mon to Fri at summer day camp. Must have experience working w/ children and available June 23 to Aug 22 w/ 7 unpaid vacation days allowed. Fingerprinting/background check req’d. Resume to Camp Jefferson, Attn: Terri, 81 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
- Jefferson Township Recreation seeking Tower/Rock Wall Specialist for summer day camp. Preferably w/ certification; otherwise, will send for training certification. Usually M-W-Th-F, 8:30 to 3:30, June 23 to Aug 22 w/ 7 unpaid days off allowed. Fingerprinting/background check req’d. Send resume to Camp Jefferson, Attention Terri, 81 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849.
- Jefferson Township Recreation seeking an Assistant Field Supervisor for summer day camp. Preferably w/ Phys. Ed. Certification/ currently in a Phys. Ed. program. Usually M-T-Th-F, 8:30 to 3:30, June 23 to Aug. 22 w/ 7 unpaid days off allowed. Fingerprinting/background check will be req’d. Send resume to Camp Jefferson, Attention Terri, 81 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849.
SEE WHAT SUMMER DAY CAMP WAS ALL ABOUT AS DOCUMENTED IN PHOTOS ON THE JEFFERSON PATCH:
For the 2014 JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP RECREATION DIRECTORY, click on the "Residents" tab at the top of this page, scroll down to "Form Center" on the drop-down menu. Once there, scroll down to "Recreation and Senior Services" and open the document entitled "Jefferson Township 2014 Recreation Directory".
Physical and mailing address:
81 Weldon Road at Camp Jefferson
(brown house w/ red trim on the right as you enter the parking lot)
Jefferson Township Recreation Department
81 Weldon Road
Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
Telephone Number: 973-663-8404
Fax Number: 973-663-8409
Office hours: Monday through Thursday - 9 AM to 4:30 PM
Friday - 8 AM to 3:30 PM
(office hours change during the summer)
From Route 23 North:
Exit at Oak Ridge Road jug handle and follow Oak Ridge Road about 4 miles. Oak Ridge Road will become Berkshire Valley Road at the Passaic/Morris County line. The A&P Ridge Plaza shopping center will be to your left, and Lakeland Bank and a Mobil Gas Station will be on your right.
Proceed through the traffic light at the corner of Berkshire Valley and Ridge Roads.
Make a slight right onto Milton Road (just past Pond Hollow homes entrance and just before St. Thomas the Apostle Church). Then bear right at the last intersection (Legion Road to your left) as Milton Road veers off towards the right. You will pass the Fire Co #1 Firehouse on the right.
Turn right onto Dover-Milton Road (the Jefferson Township Museum is directly in front of you and the Milton Methodist Church is on the right corner). Follow to the big red barn (Bowling Green Golf Course) and turn left onto Weldon Road (Headley’s Lumber will be on your right).
Continue on Weldon Road, past the Jefferson Township Municipal Building, High School and Middle School and through the Mahlon Dickerson Reservation for about 5 miles. Camp Jefferson will be on the right.
From Route 23 South:
Exit at Oak Ridge Road and proceed as above.
From Route 80 West:
Take exit 34B to the Route 15 North exit. Travel North on Route 15 past the fourth traffic light. After this light, be sure that you are in the right lane and take the second ramp on the right exiting at Weldon Road (immediately after the Lake Shawnee exit ramp). This exit puts you directly onto Weldon Road; and the Camp is a short distance, on the left.
From Route 80 East:
Take exit 33 and follow signs for Route 15 North. Proceed as above.
RECREATION DEPARTMENT STAFF:
Grace C. Rhinesmith, Director of Recreation:
GRHINESMITH@jeffersontownship.net (Director of Recreation)
Carol Punturieri, Recreation Program Coordinator:
CPUNTURIERI@jeffersontownship.net (Recreation Program Coordinator)
John Burns, Superintendent of Parks: Extension 16
Terri McCarney, Camp Director:
Terry Koontz, (Seasonal) Summer Day Camp Co-Director:
Today’s fast paced and often stressful society requires that we attempt to derive the greatest benefit from what leisure time is available to us and to assure that this leisure time is spent in a productive, meaningful, and enjoyable manner. Accepted as an essential element in a healthy and positive lifestyle, recreation, both active and passive, contributes significantly to the physical, social, and psychological development and well being of the individual, no matter what their age.
With this in mind, the overall goal of the Jefferson Recreation Department is to identify the recreational needs of the entire community and to develop and support a variety of quality programs and facilities that address these needs. Residents of Jefferson Township, with its’ motto “Year Round Recreation Capital of New Jersey”, deserve nothing less.
CLICK ON ANY OF THE FOLLOWING LINKS
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
BOARDS AND BLADES SKATE PARK
TOWNSHIP FIELDS - OPENED OR CLOSED?
INSTRUCTIONAL TENNIS PROGRAMS
FROG FALLS MEMBERSHIP OPEN TO JEFFERSON RESIDENTS
PARKS, PLAYGROUNDS, FIELDS
CAMP JEFFERSON SUMMER DAY CAMP
TOWNSHIP SPONSORED SPORTS PROGRAMS
A: Special Needs Youth Soccer/Baseball Programs
B: Jefferson Striders Track
SKI/SNOWBOARD AT MOUNTAIN CREEK
Artificial Turf Project
SUMMER DISCOUNT TICKETS for Mountain Creek and Great Adventure
SENIOR CITIZENS SERVICES & PROGRAMS
SENIOR CITIZENS ORGANIZATIONS
RECREATION DIRECTORY - CHILDREN, ADULTS, SENIORS
RECREATION DEPARTMENT STAFF
RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD
Chaired by Recreation Director Grace Rhinesmith
Board members: Brad Ferguson, John Focacci, Josh Kalish, Pam Kallas, Terry Koontz, Pete Monteverdi, Dell Norris, Jon Reiser, Christine Stack, Kathy Valva, Scott Reid, Secretary Stephanie McCormick.
Meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 7:30 PM