| Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
2017 HOLIDAY CLOSURES
Presidents Day, Monday, February 20th
Good Friday, Friday, April 14th
Memorial Day, Monday, May 29th
Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4th
Labor Day, Monday, September 4th
Columbus Day, Monday, October 9th
Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 23rd & Friday, November 24th
Christmas, Monday, December 25th & Tuesday, December 26th
Office Phone Numbers
Michele Reilly, Clerk, (973) 208-6133
Maria Pivirotto, Deputy Clerk, (973) 208-6132
Office Staff Email
Core Duties of the Municipal Clerk
The position of Municipal Clerk is required by New Jersey statute (N.J.S.A. 40A:9-133) to:
- Act as Secretary to the Municipal Corporation and custodian of municipal seal and of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts of municipal corporation.
- Act as secretary to the Governing Body, prepare meeting agenda at discretion of governing body, be present at all meetings of governing body, keep minutes of every meeting, retain original copies of all ordinances and resolutions.
- Serve as the chief administrative officer in all elections in the municipality.
- Serve as the chief registrar of voters in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- Serve as the administrative officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits.
- Serve as coordinator and records manager responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs mandated pursuant to Title 47 of the Revised Statutes.