PRE-FINAL CONSTRUCTION CHECKLIST
The following is a list of items that should be completed before final inspections in order to request a Certificate of Occupany.
1. Check all doors for proper opening/closing.
2. Check all windows for proper opening/closing, locks and broken glass.
3. Check all kitchen cabinets, shelves, handles, proper screw installation.
4. Check sheetrock around the house. There should be no holes.
5. Are the smoke detectors working?
6. Caulking on vanity tops, bathtubs and all trim work.
7. Check stove for proper operation; water heater must be lit. Separate gas cock for all appliances.
8. Sump pump with cover installed; hole in pump line 3" below floor level. Sump pump to run to splash block.
9. Check valve must be visible.
10. All plumbing fixtures must be installed and working and clean of debris.
11. All piping through walls sealed.
12. Lally columns must be painted and have lag bolts.
13. Trench drain must be clean.
14. Radon pipe must be marked, capped in basement and roof, or connected.
15. Clean-out on sewer line, above-grade, visible and capped.
16. Check basement windows.
17. Basement must be clean.
18. Check for all door bumpers.
19. Check for closet poles, shelves and brackets.
20. All sliding doors adjusted (flush with wall).
21. Bedroom type lock on garage door.
22. All garages must have access hole with sheetrock covering.
23. All medicine cabinets must have shelves and brackets.
24. Make sure all bathroom fans work.
25. Check for basement handrail.
26. If stove is not vented, make sure charcoal filter is installed.
27. All electrical equipment and devices installed and functional.
28. Burglar alarm, telephone, intercom and CCTV opening must be blanked off or have devices installed.
29. One bulb per fixture.
30. Check pitch on stairs.
31. Basement perimeter insulation in.
32. Radon caulking.
33. All heat ducts screwed and taped at joists.
34. At least one support under every section of pipe, maximum 10'-0".
35. Panning around heat pipe, if hole is oversized.
36. Fire blocking in basement.
37. No cement closer than 1/2 around basement girder.
38. All heat runs must be free of debris.
1. Aluminum siding checked for dents.
2. All doors and windows caulked.
3. All facia and soffit in good condition.
4. Check all roof shingles for holes and all exposed nails must be tarred.
5. Check all outside flashing for proper installation and tightness.
6. Chimney caulked on all sides.
7. Check all leaders and gutters.
8. Make sure splash blocks are down.
9. "J" channels at roof line must have notches cut to allow drainage (or holes 12" on center for drainage).
10. Outside edges of garage doors painted.
11. Window wells to be fastened to house.
12. Check for penetration of exterior walls (caulked).