- Jefferson South:
- Schwarz Park, 81 Schwarz Boulevard, Lake Hopatcong, NJ
- Child's Park (East Shore), 82 East Shore Road, Lake Hopatcong, NJ
- Lakeside Recreation Complex, 15 Swan Lane (Bowling Green Parkway & Route 15 South) Lake Hopatcong, NJ
- Prospect Point Park, 30 Florida Avenue, Lake Hopatcong, NJ
- Fireman's Field, 750 State Route 15 South, Lake Hopatcong, NJ
- Camp Jefferson, 81 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong, NJ
- Jefferson North:
- Dogwood Park, 2 Dogwood Drive, Oak Ridge, NJ
- Longwood Lake Park, 13 Longwood Lake Road, Oak Ridge, NJ
- Chamberlain Road Recreation Complex, 48 Chamberlain Road, Oak Ridge, NJ
- Ralph Ackerson Park, Ridge Road Recreation Complex, 151 Ridge Rd, Oak Ridge, NJ
- Kennedy Field, 11 Apollo Drive, Oak Ridge, NJ
- Johnson's Pond Park, 237, Cozy Lake Road (at Notch Road), Oak Ridge, NJ
- Berkshire Valley Park, 5534 Berkshire Valley Road, Oak Ridge, NJ
- Legion Field, 28 Legion Road, Oak Ridge, NJ
- Water's Edge Tot lot, 17 Fox Chase Road, Oak Ridge, NJ
- Municipal Complex:
- Jefferson Township Creative Playground, 1033 Weldon Road, Oak Ridge, NJ
- Bicentennial Veterans' Memorial Park, 1033 Weldon Road, Oak RIdge, NJ
- Jefferson Township Gazebo, 1033 Weldon Road, Oak Ridge, NJ
- CAMP JEFFERSON
- Located at 81 Weldon Road ½ mile in from Rt. 15, this 97-acre complex (formerly Camp Clifton) was purchased in 1999 by the Township. Renovated buildings include the Community Lodge, Recreation Center, Jefferson Highlights cabin, Chamber of Commerce cabin, railroad cabin, and five cabins for Scouting programs. Also on the site are trails, an all-purpose field, 8+ acre lake, fire ring, outdoor pavilion, and amphitheater. Camp Jefferson’s new playground also provides activities for kids of all ages and includes wheelchair accessible ramps and swings.
- This facility is used seven days a week by numerous recreational and civic organizations for meetings, program sign-ups, dinners and special events. The Lakeland Senior Citizen Club calls the Community Lodge its home base. The Lodge is available for rental (w/ a NO alcohol policy) for birthdays, anniversaries, graduation parties, etc. Recently, the Recreation Department relocated its office to Camp Jefferson; and upon entering the Camp, the office is located in the brown building to the right, which has a handicapped accessible ramp. Office hours are 9 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday from January to June and September to December and the office is open until 7:30 PM on the first Wednesday of the month. Summer hours are 9 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday in July and August. Contact the recreation office at 973-663-8404 for additional information.
Directions to Camp Jefferson
81 Weldon Road
Jefferson Township, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
From Route 23 North: Exit at Oak Ridge Road jug handle and follow Oak Ridge Road about 4 miles. Oak Ridge Road will become Berkshire Valley Road at the Passaic/Morris County line. The A&P Ridge Plaza shopping center will be to your left, and Lakeland Bank and a Mobil Gas Station will be on your right.
Proceed through the traffic light at the corner of Berkshire Valley and Ridge Roads.
Make a slight right onto Milton Road (just past Pond Hollow homes entrance and just before St. Thomas the Apostle Church). Then bear right at the last intersection (Legion Road to your left) as Milton Road veers off towards the right. You will pass the Fire Co #1 Firehouse on the right.
Turn right onto Dover-Milton Road (the Jefferson Township Museum is directly in front of you and the Milton Methodist Church is on the right corner). Follow to the big red barn (Bowling Green Golf Course) and turn left onto Weldon Road (Headley’s Lumber will be on your right).
Continue on Weldon Road, past the Jefferson Township Municipal Building, High School and Middle School and through the Mahlon Dickerson Reservation for about 5 miles. Camp Jefferson will be on the right.
From Route 23 South: Exit at Oak Ridge Road and proceed as above
From Route 80 West: Take exit 34B to the Route 15 North exit. Travel North on Route 15 past the fourth traffic light. After this light, be sure that you are in the right lane and take the second ramp on the right exiting at Weldon Road (immediately after the Lake Shawnee exit ramp). This exit puts you directly onto Weldon Road; and the Camp is a short distance, on the left
From Route 80 East: Take exit 34 and follow signs toward Rt. 15 North. Follow same directions as 80 West, above.