Construction Official Tom Mahoney is generally available from 9 to 11:30 am every day. Inspections and Electrical Inspections are performed approximately between 10 am and 3 pm on Tuesday and Thursday and plumbing inspections are scheduled after 3 pm. Call to schedule an inspection at 973-208-6110 or 6113.
Specific inspection times are not granted. Inspectors must have access to the project for inspection within the generally specified time period.
Township Engineer can be contacted 973-208-6140.
Tips on Scheduling Inspections
- Please call Joanne or Robin in the Building Department to request an inspection.
- Be sure to have the block, lot and permit number ready when you call in order to expedite your request.
- Do not schedule inspections with Inspectors. The Building Department Technical Assistants are responsible for scheduling. You are not guaranteed an inspection if you try to schedule with an inspector directly.
- Please call at least 24 hours in advance to schedule inspections.
- If you fail an inspection, call the office for a re-inspection. Do not schedule a re-inspection with the Inspector.
- Inspections are not performed on Saturdays or legal holidays when the offices are closed.
- Please have the permit placard clearly posted and the property clearly labeled so that the inspectors can easily find your site.
- Please be sure to have a place where inspectors can leave inspection stickers. This is especially important for new construction. Be sure to have a job board erected.
- Please retain your inspection stickers until the project is complete and a Certificate is issued.