Tom Mahoney is in from 9 to 11:30 am every day. Inspections and Electrical Inspections are performed approximately between 10 am and 3 pm on Tuesday and Thursday and plumbing inspections are scheduled after 3 pm. Call to schedule an inspection at 973-208-3624.
Specific inspection times are not granted. Inspectors must have access to the project for inspection within the generally specified time period.
Township Engineer Jack Fernandez is available in the Planning Board office on Wednesdays, 208-6130 or 208-6119.
Tips on Scheduling Inspections
- Please call Joanne or Robin in the Building Department to request an inspection.
- Be sure to have the block, lot and permit number ready when you call in order to expedite your request.
- Do not schedule inspections with Inspectors. The Building Department Technical Assistants are responsible for scheduling. You are not guaranteed an inspection if you try to schedule with an inspector directly.
- Please call at least 24 hours in advance to schedule inspections.
- If you fail an inspection, call the office for a re-inspection. Do not schedule a re-inspection with the Inspector.
- Inspections are not performed on Saturdays or legal holidays when the offices are closed.
- Please have the permit placard clearly posted and the property clearly labeled so that the inspectors can easily find your site.
- Please be sure to have a place where inspectors can leave inspection stickers. This is especially important for new construction. Be sure to have a job board erected.
- Please retain your inspection stickers until the project is complete and a Certificate is issued.