Building Permit Fee Overview
The following list of permit fees includes math symbols. For this list + represents addition, x represents multiplication, - represents subtraction and = represents equals.
- Addition: Fees are computed based on the cubic volume of the addition. Cubic volume x.043,per cubic foot provided the minimum fee is $70. DCA surcharge of cubic volume. View electric, plumbing and fire fees for more information.
- DCA Surcharge fees are computed as follows: New home/addition: cubic volume x.00371 Alteration/Miscellaneous:$1.90 x per $1000 cost of work (or x.0019)
- Renovations/alterations/repairs including decks: $32.00 per $1000. Minimum fee shall be $70. Proposed work cost should include cost of labor and materials, as if a contractor were hired to perform the work.
- Electric Service: $65 + for up to 200 amp service
- Electrical fees: $60 for the first 50 receptacles/outlets, fixtures, switches, detectors, etc. $25 for each additional 25. (example: 1- to 50 = $65; 51 to 75 = $90; 76 to 100 = $115; 101 to 125 = $140, etc.) $65 for service up to 200 amp. $50 minimum fee for appliances (example: Washing machine, stove, etc.)
- Finished Basement: Based on cost of construction. $32 per $1,000 of proposed work. Minimum fee is $70. Proposed work cost should include cost of labor and materials, as if a contractor were hired to perform the work. Plans should include a floor plan labeling the rooms, listing the materials used, showing the electric, showing the venting of the furnace room
- Fire fees: $50 minimum fee.
- Fireplace/supplemental heating appliance (new home/addition) is an additional $65.
- Garage: Fee is based on cubic volume x 0.043. Electric is a minimum of $60.
- New Home: Cubic volume x 0.043, DCA surcharge, plumbing, fire and electric fees (see below). Driveway permit is $50. Grading permit is $200 for the first 7,000 square feet of disturbance and an additional $50 for each additional 7,000 square feet of disturbance
- Plumbing fees: $60 for the first fixture, $30 for each additional fixture
- Plumbing: $40 or more
- Pools: Above ground: : Above ground: $100, In-ground: $200. Electrical: $71 or more. “Pop up” pools are $25, hot tubs $75. These fees shall be in addition to any electric or plumbing sub code fees.
- Roof/Siding: Flat fee of $35 + DCA surcharge for roofing or siding, as long as no structural work is being performed.Permits are no longer required for residential re-shingles.
- Shed: Fee is based on cubic volume x 0.043. Minimum fee is $70.
- Tanks :75 (above ground) or $100 (underground) flat fee for demo of a tank on a residential permit. $250 for commercial tanks. Fees for installation of a tank vary depending on how the permit is filed