Personal Health Services
Please call the Health Clinic at 973-663-0700 to make an appointment. View the services provided:
- Blood Pressure: Held at the Health Center, by appointment or at the prospective Senior Club meetings listed, once a month.
- Female Cancer Screening: Program includes Pap test with breast and pelvic examination performed by a physician or qualified nurse practitioner. Hemmocult slides for determining the presence of blood in stool.
- Foot Care Clinic: Basic foot care for senior citizens (55 years and older) and for chronically ill residents.
- Flu Clinic: For residents 18 years and older. Offered annually in the Fall.
- Hearing Screening: Performed by local audiologist once a year in conjunction with SMAC.
- Male Cancer Screening: A local Urologist performs physical examination of testicular, prostate, rectal and breast exam. PSA Blood test and hemocult slides for determining presence of blood in stool.
- Mammograms: For residents 35 years old or older. Done in conjunction with the Female Cancer Screening.
- Skin Cancer Screening: Overall body scan performed by a nurse practitioner or physician specializing in dermatology.
- SMAC 23 Blood Test, HDL and CBC: Blood tested for indications of disease and/or malfunction of internal organs. Done three times per year. Any Jefferson resident 18 years or older may have it done once a year.
- Well Baby Clinic: Physical examinations including growth assessment for children from birth to school age. All immunizations recommended by the Academy of Pediatrics. The pediatrician does physicals and administers all vaccines.
- CARES (Recovery Center): Addiction? Yourself or a family member? There is HOPE! Meet with a confidential, CAREs Peer Recovery Specialist at The Jefferson Township Rescue Squad, 827 Route 15 South, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07885. Every Wednesday from 3 PM - 7 PM. For immediate assistance contact 973-625-1143.