Rules & Regulations
- Abilities Necessary to Utilize Dial-a-Ride:
- Abilities to remain seated and to leave seat belt on at all times
- Ability to be on time and agreed-upon location as scheduled with Dial-a-Ride
- Ability to carry your own bags/groceries from curb-side into your home
- Ability to follow Dial-A-Ride rules and regulations
- Ability to follow vehicle driver instructions
- Ability to maintain personal hygiene
- Ability to respect and maintain the private, personal space and wishes of the vehicle driver and/or other passengers
- Ability to walk up/down stairs on your own
- As per the Dial-A-Ride policy, clients who are frail and unable to walk without assistance or maneuver wheelchair device must have an escort present for trip
- Dial-a-Ride Rules and Regulations:
- Alcohol or any illegal substances are strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated if carried on any Dial-A-Ride operated vehicles.
- No eating and/or drinking are allowed in Dial-a-Ride vehicles.
- No physical abuse and/or threatening of vehicle driver and/or other passengers will be tolerated.
- No self-destructive behavior (e.g, banging head) is allowed.
- No verbal abuse of vehicle driver and/or other passengers will be tolerated.
- Passenger aisles on vehicles are to be kept clear at all times.
- Passengers must be on time for scheduled Dial-a-Ride service. Furthermore, it is the responsibility of the passenger, family member, contact person and/or referring agency to notify the dispatcher of all appointment cancellations or planned trip changes as soon as possible.
- Smoking is not allowed and will not be tolerated in Dial-a-Ride operated vehicles at any time - whether stationary or in motion.
Notice to Beneficiaries - Non-Discrimination Policy
The Township of Jefferson operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, or national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. Any person who believes that she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint in writing to the Township of Jefferson. To file a complaint, or for more information on the Township of Jefferson obligations under Title VI write to:
1033 Weldon Road
Lake Hopatcong, NJ, 07849
Transportation services provided by this agency are in whole or part funded through federal funds received through New Jersey Transit and as an individual you also have the right to file your complaint to both the Township of Jefferson as well as the Federal Transit Administration. Complaints may also be filed with the Federal Transit Administration in writing and may be addressed to:
Title VI Program Coordinator
East Building, 5th Floor
TCR, U.S. Department of Transportation - Federal Transit Administration, Office of Civil Rights
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
If information is needed in another language, contact 973-697-1500 Jefferson Township Dial-a-Ride.