Open Public Records Act (OPRA)
Effective July 8, 2002, in accordance with N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1:
- Criminal investigatory records and victim’s records are not public information. Incident verifications for insurance purposes will be issued.
- Arrest information can be released under certain criteria.
- Most Domestic Violence discovery requests must be made through the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office.
- Most accident reports are public information.
- Defendants charged with a crime or offense may request Discovery through the Municipal Prosecutor under R. 7:7-7.
Access a Government Records request form (OPRA request)