Due to the Covid19 pandemic Dial-a-Ride will be operating on necessity only appointments to the doctor and shopping to specific locations.
Dial-a-Ride is a curb to curb transportation service for Senior Citizens that are residents of Jefferson Township 55 and over and/or permanently disabled Jefferson Township residents for medical appointments and local shopping and work programs. Call the Dial-A-Ride office at 973-208-6123 to receive additional information, a registration form and schedule transportation.
If it is imperative that you speak to someone immediately, please call the Recreation Department main number 973-663-8404, they will contact office staff on your behalf.
Please give a minimum of THREE-BUSINESS-DAY notice for medicals & necessary groceries.
The following services are available to all Jefferson Township Senior Citizen Residents (Must be 55 and over) and permanently disabled resident persons of Jefferson Township free of charge. We are wheelchair accessible, but not a medically certified transportation service. To arrange all appointments please call 973-208-6123 and leave a voice mail message with your full name, telephone number, address and the date and destination of where you are requesting to go. It would be greatly appreciated if you would leave your message between 9 am and noon three business day prior, weekends and Holidays don’t count.
- Food Shopping: (4 Bag maximum) Clients must be able to handle own packages
- Monday through Friday
- Local shopping at Acme (Oak ridge), Stop & Shop (Lake Hopatcong)
- Monday through Friday
- Medicals: Transport for medical services is available 5 days a week. Any medical procedures including dialysis, surgeries, and/or any procedures that require anesthesia will be a one-way to destination drop-off only. Patients/clients are responsible for their own way home. We transport within a 12-mile - 15 mile radius of Jefferson Township. You may call in your medical appointments months in advance; however, we require at least three business days advanced notice on any medical appointments.
INCLEMENT WEATHER PROCEDURE
Please contact the Jefferson Township Dial-A-Ride office at 973-208-6123 if you decide to cancel your trip. If inclement weather occurs while you are on the Dial-A-Ride vehicle, the driver will decide to either continue the trip or return all passengers to their original locations. If inclement weather begins or is predicted after you have reached your appointment, the Dial-A-Ride Coordinator will decide if you will need to be picked up immediately or wait until the weather clears.
Please be aware that the safety of the passengers and the drivers is the first priority of the Jefferson Township Dial-A-Ride program. In dangerous weather, return trips may be cancelled and in this case, it is the responsibility of the passenger to arrange for the return trip by family/friends. You will be notified as soon as possible if such a situation arises.
Walkways and driveways must be cleared of all snow and ice wide enough to walk on. If the paths are not safe, the driver will be unable to make a pick up. No exceptions!
If Jefferson Township Schools are closed or on a delayed opening due to inclement weather situations, Dial-A-Ride is also closed/delayed.
- New Year’s Day - Friday, January 1st
- Presidents Day - Monday, February 15th
- Good Friday - Friday, April 2th
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 31th
- Independence Day - Monday, July 5rd
- Labor Day - Monday, September 6th
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 11th
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 25th
- Day After Thanksgiving - Friday, November 26th
- Christmas Day - Friday, December 24th
- Day After Christmas - Monday, December 27th