What do I need to get inspected to sell my home?

There is no Certificate of Occupancy required. The fire marshal performs smoke detector inspections by calling 973-208-6114 for an appointment through the fire bureau. The Building Department does not do anything (inspections, certificates, etc.) for resale of a home. Letters stating no Certificate of Occupancy is required are available for $10. Block, Lot and Address must be provided.

Show All Answers

1. How can I pay for my permit?
2. How can I register vacant and abandoned properties?
3. Who do I contact for Zoning?
4. Who do I contact for septic systems and wells?
5. How can I submit a complaint about my property?
6. What do I need to get inspected to sell my home?
7. How do I schedule an inspection?
8. How do I get a permit approved?
9. How much are general permits?
10. Why do I need a variance?
11. What do I do if I fail my inspection?
12. What are the time constraints on my permit?
13. How do I obtain a Certificate of Occupancy and Certificate of Approval?